Coffee always fresh...

Coffee always fresh...

Monday 24 February 2014

Who knew Zoe is a family name?

I sure didn't, until I looked up one of those cute little "leaves" on Ancestry, and lo and behold, there was the census from 1870 something, telling me that my grandmother's sister's name was Zoe!  For those of you who don't know, Zoe is our 6 year old (going on 14) granddaughter.



She is the best Canada Day (now renamed Zoe Day in our family) present any of us could have wanted! I wonder what her predecessor looked like.  Not as lovely as this, I bet.

The boss borrowed my car today to go to work in Parry Sound. It needed gas, so he attempted to fill it.  All he got from the tank when he opened it was "ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss." Not a good sign, and he could put only 6 litres in the tank. He called me and I got in touch with KIA who gave me the roadside assistance number. When I called, the woman who answered was very helpful and dispatched a CAA truck to pick up car, husband and DOG (yes, Acheson was with him, as usual) in Parry Sound. When said truck got there, it was not the right kind of truck (couldn't tow)so the driver had to go an get another truck. Acheson took to him immediately, and she rode in the KIA on the flatbed, while they towed it to Bracebridge, which is the dealer from whom I bought it and the closest to Parry Sound... a return trip for the driver of about 150 KM. Once they got to the dealership, the dog was welcomed with open arms and had a blast.  She got a doggie treat, and the boss had a coffee. They will let me know tomorrow what they need to do to it.  It better be under warranty!  Fingers crossed.

A notice just flashed up on my computer saying to expect snow squalls tonight!  Oh, joy!  Enough! It's very pretty, but getting around is such a pain. I'm ready for spring, when I can figure out how to accessorize my deck with baskets and pots of flowers instead for planting in beds. Another learning curve. In our sale agreement, I stated, and they accepted, I wanted to transplant one of the peony bushes. It came from my grandmother's grave about 17 years ago, and it has moved with me several times. It was originally from her garden in Outremont. I have a small spot just outside the front door which will be perfect for it.

Well, supper is getting ready, so I will go for now. Let me know your thoughts.  I love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, the last time I saw a picture of Zoe, she was little bitty! She is a beautiful little girl for sure, and how interesting to know about her name. So glad you can plant the peony bush...sentimental value. Dont have the snow like you of course, but I am so tired to winter and looking forward to spring and hope it comes sooner, than later.

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought, a hug or a good wish here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.