Coffee always fresh...

Coffee always fresh...

Friday 21 February 2014

Rain and wind... and my cold

So this was the parking spot and drive last week at this time. This afternoon, it turned to a slushy mix. We lost power in the night, so I tossed and turned and blew my nose and coughed and finally turned on my KOBO and read.  Thank God for my KOBO.  It is my saviour in the night when I can't sleep. It is quiet and lights up so I don't have to turn on the light.
The wind has picked up again, so I supposed we will lose hydro again.  I have lit candles, just in case.

Matt put a load of laundry in our machine earlier (around noon) saying he would come back "later" to do the rest.  Those of you who have grown children can understand the depositing of laundry, only to have to sort it and stack it for them!  Unfortunately, Matt and Andrea do not have laundry facilities where they live, so our basement has an "OPEN" sign on it!


We are supposed to get another 2 inches of snow tonight with very high winds. Fortunately, I can't hear the wind in this house. I loathe wind.


I had an email from the building manager at my elderly deceased friend's apartment yesterday. She told me some of my friend's friends were wondering what had happened to her.  I hate being in the position where I cannot contact people who were her friends, but that was her wish. She left no address or phone book anyway, so I couldn't get in touch with them if I wanted to. I responded to the email the building manager gave me (the devil take her!) and received a lovely missive in return from the friend's daughter. I hope this stops soon, as it breaks my heart when I have to tell people about her passing.


3 comments:

  1. Yippee, two blog posts in a couple of days....you are on a roll. First, what is KOBO? Secondly, where did M & A move? Does she still work at the rest/assisted living/nursing home? Who is living on your house at the lake now? family? Inquiring minds want to know! lol Happy weekend my friend, snow or no more snow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another comment......see if you can locate under settings, how to get rid of the comment section where we have to type in words or numbers....that is aggravating. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fixed the settings. Matt and Andrea live with Jackson in a small condo in Gravenhurst. He is starting a new job (same position, just different place, same corporation but more money) in Newmarket on Monday. He will drive for a while, but they hope to sell and move to the city soon. Life will be very lonely here, but I'm trying not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought, a hug or a good wish here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.