Coffee always fresh...

Coffee always fresh...

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Wednesday, and all is well... more or less

Now the boss has "the cold." I entreated him to stay home today, which he did. It was so bitterly cold and windy. The windchill was -25C when I was out at noon. I nearly froze walking across the parking lot at the grocery store.

Those of you who know me know I have no time for Toronto's mayor, Rob Ford. He is an arrogant, self-satisfied, ignorant and monied low-life, who will always come up smelling like roses because he "knows people" and can make all the untoward behaviour "go away." The man went to Ottawa today, which he has always disdained to do heretofore. Well, he met his match in the two mayors of Québec's largest cities, Québec and Montréal, who both disdained to associate with him.  Good on them. I wouldn't want to be associated with him, either. The only reason for his visit to Ottawa was money. Apparently, he wants Toronto to get some. Maybe the man should put up some of his own. Well, no, that would be unrealistic, but where do you suppose all the money he has "saved" Toronto went? Can't he use that? Oh, wait. No, he can't possibly, because he didn't actually "save" anybody anything. He just goes around telling people he has. I know I should just ignore him and all that is written about him, but I want to keep up, even though it raises my blood pressure. If you want to read about all his transgressions in Ottawa, the CBC and CTV are full of them today. I will not dignify them with a link.

I was at the Literacy Society in Gravenhurst on this cold day, and I had only one student. The others were under the weather. Not to worry! She and I had a lovely time, got lots done and just generally enjoyed our time with words. It is gratifying when someone recovers from an accident that has left them with lack of memory and abysmal reading skills. This student (who is far from young!) can read again, discern patterns in spelling and generally write her own small stories.  I would love to name her and her accomplishments, but I can't. If you are reading this, you know who you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought, a hug or a good wish here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.