Coffee always fresh...

Coffee always fresh...

Sunday 23 March 2014

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood! Freezing cold, but beautiful.

I received a call from my cousin, Ray, about half an hour ago to tell me his brother, Peter, had passed away. I have not seen Peter in 6 years, nor had any contact with him; however, when we were kids, he was a good friend. His life was not an easy one, but he had found his way over the last 12 years or so. I'm sad he died apparently alone. Just another reminder we are all getting older.

The boss and I have a few things to tackle today, not the least of which the storage unit, where there is still an accumulation of our 45 years of marriage and much of Matt's stuff. I need to bring some of it here to sort through it, dispose of some, find room for some. Why, you ask, did we not dispose of it when we were moving? Well, we had exactly 10 days to get out of that house and into this one. We had been sifting through stuff for months and had rid ourselves of most of the unwanted things, but when push came to shove, we just had to stuff it into storage, literally, and move on. So, every week or so, we visit the unit and pick away at it. Dreary task, but still could be so much worse. At least, we have "stuff."

More later.

Boss and I went to the storage unit to "get a few things." Well, we couldn't reach some of what we wanted, but we rescued all my favourite china (Pfalzgraf from the outlets in the US). I got it all put away. We found the board games, so they are now in the TV room in the basement. Found some items for the deck, now all we need is sunshine and warm weather. We unpacked glasses and craft stuff. There is so much still in the unit. Perhaps, Matt and Andrea will get to move to Barrie and empty their stuff out of there. Then we will have a much smaller storage space.

The boss is wrangling with an old neighbour to store our boat and trailer as we can not have them here. I think he has succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought, a hug or a good wish here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.