Coffee always fresh...

Coffee always fresh...

Thursday 8 May 2014

At last....

I had almost given up on Spring, but then the sun came out, the puddles dried up, the groundwater stopped seeping from the rocks, and TA DA! We have a porch with chairs, planters and plants... and bugs. You had to know that the bugs would come as soon as it got nice. We base bug season on the Trillium in the woods. They are almost out, so the bugs are here. I could say a really rude word, but then I'd lose credibility.   LOL

Jackson is away at "Me to We" camp. His dad is going to to pick him up on Saturday and take him to the boat (that is their cottage), then bring him to Gravenhurst on Sunday for work... Noon to 6. Woo Hoo! He was up until 11.30 last night taking the online training for Sobey's. Over 5 hours!  Too much for a kid, but once he got into it, he just kept going.  Like his dad. Good on him. We got the laundry done overnight, and his mum picked him up this morning. 

I almost got to sleep in, but then I had to get ready for a mammogramme. Annual breast screening programme. Only took 20 minutes but so very important in every woman's life. I can't believe it's been 37 years since I started my voyage through cysts, thermogrammes, mammogrammes and full on biopsy. Thank God for Dr. Belliveau, who believed in prevention. Dear man loved women and wanted to protect us all. In my case, he told me to come back if the "cyst" reappeared. It did. Twice. After the second time, Dr. B performed a biopsy and told me, when I woke up, that I had cancer. It was very minimal, but I had a mastectomy anyway, and it saved my life. Be that a lesson to any of you who read this; go with your doctor's dictate.  Only if you trust him or or, of course. But don't put it off.

1 comment:

  1. Again, happy for you to have the porch to enjoy. Funny you should be getting your mammogram, as mine is scheduled for 5-19. I also have one yearly without fail. Have a super weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought, a hug or a good wish here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.