Coffee always fresh...

Coffee always fresh...

Saturday 26 July 2014

Interesting...

I posted this on Facebook a little while ago

   
in response to a word a friend of long standing used 
to describe a feeling I had shared. 
It was a feeling I thought I could relate to her, confident she would fully understand.
She told me I was being "dramatic." 
That was the word that told me she did not care 
how I felt or how upset I was by the situation.
I have deleted her.
I do not need unsupportive people in my life.
The interesting thing is, she responded to my post on the defensive. 
I guess she recognized herself, although I did not allude to anyone in particular. And perhaps she was referring to the other content of the conversation, 
not realizing that her "one word" was what hurt me.
I have shared the ups and downs of her family life for over 35 years and tried to  support her whenever I could. With one word she has shown me my friendship and love were misplaced, and my heart-wrenching situations were negligible in her mind.

Don't do that to your friends. Measure your words.
Don't utter what you are thinking without realizing the cost.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, a word spoken cannot be taken back, so we all need to be very careful what we say. It hurts, I know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought, a hug or a good wish here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.